1.13.2009

Strep Strikes Again

After selling Girl Scout cookies for 3 hours (yes..3 hours) on Sunday Lily spent the rest of the night under a blanket resting on the sofa. I thought she was just tired..I was. She woke up yesterday morning seemingly OK so I sent her to school. Her teacher said she was tired all day and didn't want to play. We got home and she went straight upstairs (no lunch) and laid on my bed. I knew then that something was wrong. She ended up falling asleep and when she woke up she was burning up. I called the pedi on the way to pick up Emma and wouldn't you know they told me to bring her right in. It really helps when you are super nice to the receptionist, btw. I had told them about my history with strep and so they did a test and so yes, Lily has the evil bug. We went straight to Target to fill the prescription. It was, btw, my first outing to such a place with all 4 children. I must say it was pretty successful..it helps when one doesn't feel well and one is still in the infant carrier.

So, she's on an antibiotic now..for 10 days. She's been fine today - no fever and she's acting like her old self again. She stayed home from school today but I'm hopeful the fever will not return tonight and that she can go back tomorrow. When I told her she had to stay home today she said "I don't want to miss fun". Bless her heart. I don't think she minds having strep - she was actually excited to have her very own medicine. Weird. I know....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh no! I'm glad she's feeling better!