1.08.2009

ROYGBIV in NC

You know I was feeling so crappy yesterday (I am a little better today in case you were wondering)..I was sitting at the computer listening to the kids fight (ugh) and I got up to come in the family room. It had all of a sudden gotten really dark and started to rain and as I walked by the back door this caught my eye:

Isn't it beautiful? I quickly called the kids to see and they were so excited. We so rarely see rainbows here (unlike my friend Amy in Hawaii who just blogged about how she sees them all the time)..especially a double rainbow! It was really vibrant and so beautiful. We then checked out the front door and we saw it from this angle:


The girls and I talked about how we believe a rainbow is a symbol of God's promise to flood the earth again. It really did bring some joy to otherwise really crappy day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG...my mom saw a huge double rainbow in Greensboro too...it must have stretched across the state!