1.10.2009

A Selling We Will Go

At 9am this morning it officially became Girl Scout Cookie time! And since Emma is a Daisy Scout that means she has to sell cookies. Yeah? I thought Daisies didn't sell cookies but it seems that's so last year and now they do. So we got our cookie info yesterday and planned to meet up with the 3 other scouts (2 Brownies, 1 other Daisy) to go selling this morning. Paul had to work so I dragged all the kids with us (which actually worked out better than expected). I thought Emma might be too shy to talk to strangers but not so much. Nicole (the experienced Brownie who previously had the Kitts Creek market cornered graciously helped the little girls) went first and after that Emma seemed to get the hang of it. I'm sure we were quite a site - there ended up being 3 Girl Scouts plus 4 siblings standing at the door when people opened it. Generally people were so very nice and I think every house we went to that answered the door actually bought cookies (thank you kind neighbors). The girls did a great job taking turns and there were even a few houses who bought from all 3 of the them. Now Emma is on a "cookie high" so to speak and wants to call everyone she knows to ask them to buy cookies. She wants to sell 100 boxes..my oh my...we'll be hitting the pavement again tomorrow so neighbors beware (though we don't anticipate as many siblings tomorrow)! And family beware..Emma will be calling!

3 comments:

Amy said...

How fun...I love Girl Scout cookie time!! I was supposed to get Eve's troop organized in time to sell cookies this year, but I think I will escape it...we will see. They don't do it here until March. Tell Emma "Good Luck"!

Our4GreatKids said...

Ah yes... we are selling, too! I haven't been brave enough to go door to door w/all 4... my hat is off to you!

Erin said...

Have Emma call my mom when they get back from WDW and ask her. She's a sucker for those girls....
:-)