1.29.2009

First Tooth



Jacob turned 4 months on Tuesday. Today his first tooth cut through. My baby is getting too big! My girls all git their first teeth right at 5 1/2 to 6 months. It didn't occur to me that Jacob would be any different. However, over the weekend I noticed him really gnawing on his hands so I took a peek in his mouth and sure enough I could see the faint white line of a tooth. This afternoon I could feel it had cut through. Sigh...Perhaps that explains some of his night waking?

I'm a little sad about the tooth..I love, love a gummy baby smile. Luckily the teeth take a long time to grow in so I can enjoy the gummy smile a little longer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love a gummy smile, too, but the one-tooth and two-teeth smiles are pretty adorable. I am not a fan of the, "Oh my god, why are your teeth so HUGE," smile while waiting for the baby face to grow big enough to hold that mouthful.