1.23.2009

Happy Birthday Julia!

This time 2 years ago I was sitting in the hospital room in Milford, MA with my brand new baby girl Julia. She was born promptly on her due date despite my begging to my ob to induce me a week early. I remember being so nervous about what I would do with Emma and Lily when I went into the hospital or what if there was a snow storm (it was winter in MA after all) or what if Paul was at work (he worked an hour away). But, I need not worry..God had plans to work it out for us. He always does. My mom had come up about 4 days before so she'd be there when I had the baby. I woke up about 1:30 having contractions..I laid there and timed them and about 2:15 I woke up Paul and told him I thought this could be it. I said at 3am if I was still having regular contractions we should call the doctor. He agreed and a few minutes later he got up to go to the bathroom. While he was in there I heard this strange noise, a pop of sorts. I had no idea what it was but as I went to stand up I realized it was my water breaking. I quickly ran to the bathroom and yelled for Paul to call the doctor. We got dressed quickly and grabbed my bag (I had just packed it the night before), told mom we were leaving and were on our way. The contractions were so freaking bad on the way to the hospital..omg..I will never forget that...we got there a little after 3am and I begged for an epidural from the minute we got there. The contractions were coming about every minute..fun times..I remember Paul had this pained look on his face like he felt so sorry for me. I think I was like 5cm when we got there and thought really? that's it? I got the epidural about 3:45...at 4:10 I told Paul I felt like I needed to push...the nurse nearly didn't believe me but yes I was fully dilated at that point..So she called the dr and I started to push about 4:20...at 4:31 our little girl was born.

With Julia we did not find out if she was a boy or a girl so it was a surprise. Such a wonderful surprise! Emma had insisted that we were going to have a girl and that her name was Julia. We still have no idea where she came up with that name. So, when we she came we had to name her Julia. Her middle name is Claire..just cause we liked it. She was 7lbs. 3 oz and I have no idea how many inches. Now she's a 29lb toddler who is talking more every day, climbs like a monkey, thinks she's a daredevil and cracks us up constantly. She is true blessing and joy and our family would not be complete without her. I thank God for her every day!

No comments: