1.28.2009

The Great Room Switcheroo

Last night we bit the bullet and decided to go ahead and move Julia out of the nursery so that we could move Jacob into the nursery. We were going to wait until the bonus room closet was done but we (me) got tired of waiting so I suggested we just do it. We decided to keep Julia in a crib though Paul did suggest we just move her to a bed. That I am not ready for..I still need to contain her as much as possible.

During the day yesterday Lily and I moved some things around in the girls room to make room for the crib. After dinner Paul got to work. We decided that instead of taking down and moving 2 cribs (since they don't fit through doorways) we'd take down the one Jacob has been sleeping in and move Julia into that one. While Paul was moving that crib I was busy setting Jacob up in his new digs. We get the moves done and it's time for bed:

Here's a little replay of how it all went down from my perspective:
8:00 - Me nursing Jacob, Julia screaming as Paul is trying to put her down. I hear "mama, emma, mama, emma"
8:05 - Jacob in bed..I go into the girls room. Julia is still crying and screaming and now pointing to Emma's bed. I think she wants to sleep in Emma's bed. I hug her and talk to her for a little bit. She seems to calm down but refuses to lay down in the crib
8:15 - I go put my jammies on and come back to check on the girls..Julia no longer crying but still standing and pointing at Emma's bed
8:30 - Lily comes downstairs with a "boo-boo" and says Julia needs us
8:45 - hearing lots of noise from upstairs - Paul goes to investigate..all girls still awake
9:02 - Emma yells downstairs: Julia needs you...Be right up...
9:30 - Still lots of noise upstairs - Paul goes to investigate...Julia still up..no longer crying or pointing..just talking..other girls gave up and are sleeping..
10:13 - Julia is still up...will this kid ever sleep?
10:32 - I got to bed and finally Julia is asleep
11:34 - Jacob up for the first time - will not settled down..noticed he has slid halfway down the mattress..perhaps I elevated too much?
11:45 - Jacob wins and I nurse him
12:15 - Jacob up again..just needs a paci
2:40 - Jacob up again...won't settle down..end up nursing
3:08 - Jacob up again...needs a paci
4:10 - are you kidding me? what is wrong with this kid...I bring him in our room and try the travel swing..
4:40 - travel swing doesn't work..he's still up and not happy...bring him into bed to nurse and we both fall asleep
6:00 - Lily gets up to go potty
6:03 - Emma comes in "Daddy, Juju took her diaper off"...
Holy crap..this is going to be a long day...

So last night didn't go so well..clearly. Julia is napping well today so I am hopeful she will like her new room better tonight. And Jacob..who knows..he's napping well this afternoon too - that could be good...wish us luck

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has solidified my plan to move Kenna out of the nursery before the new baby arrives. She'll be almost two years old when the new baby comes and we plan to keep her in a crib at that point, but she'll be in a different room.

Anonymous said...

Bless you. You've heard the stories of trying to move Erin into a big girls bed, haven't you? Quite the drama.
By the way, Curt said the price you told me was pretty good.

Our4GreatKids said...

you crack me up (sorry, i feel like i can giggle.. not at you... but for you... b/c you will giggle one day too when everyone is finally sleeping well and someone tells you a story like this!)

Erin said...

Moving me into a big girl bed was totally not a drama! I simply preferred to sleep in my closet. I cannot believe my mother sold me out on your blog! :-)

Gagi and the Grandkids said...

Okay I will take the three girls with me on Friday night to spend the night and even Jacob can come...go play!