1.18.2009

Happy Birthday Paul!

Today is Paul's birthday! Last night Nana and Papa John came over to babysit so I could take Paul out to dinner (which is really just us going out to dinner since I don't have a job and therefore can't really take him out to dinner). I wanted it to be a surprise but my sister in law let it slip that his mom was coming over Saturday so he figured it out. We went to McCormick and Schmicks which is a new to Raleigh seafood restaurant..it was delicious! I had made the reservation online and made a note that it was Paul's birthday. They presented us with a Happy Birthday menu and we got a complimentary dessert (note to self: next bday event be sure to do that again to get free dessert). The food was really good so it ended up being a good choice.

We finished dinner early so we decided to go by Circuit City since they are going out of business and see what kind of sales they had. The place was mobbed..surely if it was that busy all the time they would not be going out of business. And, there were really not any great deals. Some stuff was marked down 20% but it was mostly stuff you could get at Target or Walmart just as cheap. People were going crazy buying stuff though..just goes to show people will buy anything if they think they are getting a good deal. But I digress..this post is about Paul's birthday..

Today we went to church then out for a quick lunch with his mom and sister. We have another birthday party to go to tonight..I'm sure Paul is dying to spend his birthday evening with 20 preschoolers at Pump It Up but, it's a good friend and the kids will have a blast (we were there yesterday and Julia was a complete nut but that's another post). I had made Paul's cake on Friday so he's been able to enjoy that all weekend. We gave him his gifts this morning...3 new ties and new socks. Birthday gifts are so thrilling when you are in your mid thirties. I also figure our upcoming Disney vacation is going to be all our big birthday gifts this year.

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! I hope your day is great and that you know how loved you are!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Paul! You guys are going back to Disney? Loved it, huh? I'm still trying to brave going...this is probably the year...probably. CRH could care less about going, so I'm probably taking her myself too.