7.01.2008

Monkey Munch Mayhem

Over at my friend Amy's blog ( http://www.thehartfamilyhawaiichronicles.blogspot.com/) she posted a recipe for Monkey Munch. It originates from Jon & Kate Plus 8 which we are also totally addicted to. So, I thought it might be fun to make it this afternoon. I haven't been very "kid chef" friendly in a while so I thought this recipe might be easy for the kids to help me with. I mean if Kate can do it with her kids, I can too, right? I have less than half the number she does...

So I get dinner in the oven and out we set to make some Monkey Munch. It's all going well - Emma and Lily are actually taking turns pouring. Julia is sitting on the floor eating a cereal bar, still in the wrapper, but that's a whole other story. I put the powdered sugar in a bag as directed, pour the chocolate covered cereal mixture in and we start shaking. We all take turns shaking then it's back to me. I turn the bag over and all of a sudden..boom..the bag opens and monkey munch is all over my kitchen floor. Literally...all. over. my. kitchen. floor. I don't know if the bag was faulty or if there was just too much monkey munch in the bag. In any event it's now on my floor. Do you know what a pain it is to have powdered sugar all over the floor? I have hardwoods in my kitchen too - now there's powdered sugar between the slats. Nice.

We were able to salvage a little bit of the munch. Then I forgot the crucial part of spreading on wax paper to cool. Really, a homemade cake I can do no problems but a kid recipe forget it...I'm a disaster! I'm sure what we did will taste fine but what a drama!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL...I'm so sorry!! It makes for a good story though! :)