7.27.2008

Bella and Edward

Over the past couple weeks I've heard more people than I can count talking about the "Twilight" series from Stephenie Meyers. My neighborhood book club elected to read it for the next meeting as well. So I was at BJ's last week and they had the book for $7.50. I tried to reserve it from the library but I'm like 500th on the waiting list so I decided that I would spring for the book. For those of you living under a rock (which I was until recently) the series is a young adult series about a vampire love saga...I know sounds ridiculous but the writer is heralded as the next big thing...yada..yada..yada...So Friday afternoon while Julia was napping I dived into book 1 and I've barely seen the world since. I read all Friday afternoon and evening as much as time allowed. I ended up buying book 2 in the series at Target yesteday (there are currently 3 with the 4th coming out on Sat) because I knew I had to keep reading. I finished book 1 last night and immediately started book 2. I'm now halfway through book 2 with hopes I'll finish it tonight. I'm hoping someone I know has book 3 that I can borrow this week! I'm obessed. It's such a good story and just when you think you can put it down something else grabs you. So if you are looking for a "young adult" series to read - this is it. Although the books are long they really are quick reads and good (and pretty clean).

BTW, Bella and Edward are the main characters of the book. The movie is coming out in December.

Always the fan of teen dramas on TV I am also a fan of the written teen drama. I read the "Traveling Pants" series last summer and loved that too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVED the Traveling Pants books...another movie comes out on August 6th...I'm so going. :)

The Moores said...

you should check out my sister's most recent blog post: buckinghampalace.blogspot.com