7.08.2008

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

Twas the night before Kindergarten and all through the house
EVERY creature is stirring, except for my spouse
The Hannah Montana backpack is packed by the door
Hopefully getting ready tomorrow won't be a chore
The lunch box is packed and waiting in the fridge
With hopes Emma will at least eat a smidge
The snack bag was packed with tender loving care
In hopes that low energy it will repair
The clothes were hand picked and laid out tonight
Crossing my fingers tomorrow they will still be alright
Emma is excited not nervous at all
Mommy on the other hand is trying not to bawl
It seems just yesterday my baby was born
Those early days you really do mourn
Now she's five and independent as can be
And though I'm happy for her it's still a little sad for me
Tomorrow I'll be smiling and happy as we bid her adieu
But tonight I'm feeling just a little bit blue


4 comments:

Our4GreatKids said...

vqWe wish Emma (and you!) the best of luck... it will be such an exciting day! - Jennifer
P.S. - I still don't feel old enough to have a child in elem. school and Jessica will start 3rd grade next month ;)

Jules said...

How adorable are you, my poet friend? Be strong tomorrow! I'll be in your shoes a few weeks from now. Looking forward to hearing about Emma's adventures!

Amy said...

What a cute poem!!! Love it...feeling your pain...let us know how it goes! We will be thinking about you guys!

Cheryl said...

You are so clever. How do you find the time to be so creative? Cheryl