7.21.2008

Sleep...or Not

Before Emma started Kindergarten I had this vision that she would so tired..she'd be falling asleep at the dinner table and that I'd have to wake her up in the mornings. But, you know what...not so much. In fact she gets home and she has tons of energy and she's been waking up earlier than normal. Don't know if she's just excited about going to school or what but I've not once had to wake her up, in fact she's waking me up every day. And she's not been needing to go to bed any earlier. I wonder if it will catch up with her this week. So far all is good though with school. She really seems to be liking it which I'm so thankful for!

In other news we had a pretty good weekend. My aunt was in town so she stopped by on Saturday which was wonderful. We had yet another birthday party (that's a whole other blog entry) to go on Saturday afternoon which was fun. Yesterday we went to church and hung out with my sister in law and father in law. Overall a pretty fun weekend.

This morning the girls and I met some friends at Monkey Joe's for a morning of fun. Monkey Joes is one of those bounce house places. It's a freaking million degrees here today so we decided some indoor playtime would be on the agenda. About a thousand other moms also decided it was too hot for anything outdoors too so it got pretty crowded. Lily had fun and Julia had even more fun. Me, however, not so much fun. It was great to visit with my friend but chasing Julia wore me out. But, still better than being outside, even at the pool.

No comments: