7.23.2008

Baby Registry

I feel kind of weird about this but some of my neighbors are throwing us a baby shower. It's SO, SO generous of them and I am truly thankful. It just seems weird because it's my 4th baby and in general a lot of people think it's tacky to do a shower after the first baby. But, since we're having a boy this time after 3 girls my friends think it's great and again, I'm extremely appreciative (especially since we no longer get that discount at Target).

So, they asked me to do a registry. Now, I haven't done a registry since Emma was born (5 1/2 years ag) so it feels really strange. We don't really need any gear, though it's so tempting because stuff is so much cuter now! We really just need boy colored stuff - clothes, bibs, blankets and stuff for his nursery. I also need some new bottles - one because I'm freaked out about the BPA and two, because ours are just well used after 3 kids already and three because I mostly nursed I don't have many bottles to begin with.

So I go on Target.com and Babiesrus.com to start this registry thing. I realized that as long as I think this pregnancy is taking I really only have 10 weeks (or hopefully less) left. Which is still a long enough time but I guess I need to start thinking about preparing for his arrival. And I really have done nothing so far. I'm sure when I was pregnant with Emma by this point everything was done. But things change when it's your 4th. So back to my registry stuff...I'm completely overwhelmed!! I have no idea how I'm going to do the nursery, I don't know what kind of bottles to get, don't know much about anything! I feel like I never had a baby or something! So, I'm giving up doing them online. I have to go to the store and see and touch things to make a decision. I guess I need to add that to my list of things to do this week. Oh my!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Your stroller story is hilarious... we have 4 kids and have had 6 strollers (you probably remember my double jogger, which as you can imagine has gotten a lot of use.) With the twins almost 2.5 yrs now... I am DONE buying strollers (already sold 2 of them, 4 left in the garage!) Glad to hear you are having a shower... my friends gave me a shower for the twins which I felt funny about, too. But since one was a boy, it was nice to get some blue things (it was actually a dinner & diaper shower... dinners I could freeze and tons of diapers which we somehow went thru in no time.) You deserve it and it will be fun! Sounds like Emma is having a blast in school, Jaycie starts in 3 weeks!