7.22.2008

Stroller #9

I started out with just one stroller...that's it just one. I registered for it when I was pregnant with Emma - it was part of the Graco Travel System. Worked well for a while but it was heavy so I got Stroller #2 - a lightweight umbrella stroller. That worked fair - it was short and a little uncomfortable to push but back then I wasn't smart enough to google the stroller and read 400 review on it before deciding on it. When Lily came along so did Stroller #3 - a double stroller. Definitely needed that with a baby and a toddler. Stroller #4 came along unexpectedly as a gift from the person who gave us our 2nd crib. It was an umbrella stroller and I thought - great..there might be times when we need 2 of those (not so much..it mostly transported baby dolls in the garage in MA). Stroller #5 was a side by side loaner double that I used for a while when Paul ran over the wheel of my regular double stroller (he actually did fix it). Those all worked for a while but then I saw the holy grail of strollers - a Sit and Stand and I had to have it. I thought when I have this baby (I was pregnant with Julia) all 3 of my children can ride in this stroller. I can go to the mall! So along came Stroller #6 (Paul said stroller #3 must go and I sold it to a friend). He also said this is it - no more strollers. Right. When Julia arrived Stroller #7 followed. It was the infant carrier kind, you know the frame you just put your infant carrier on. That one was great and I wondered how I lived without it for 2 kids. Paul again said..this is it..no more strollers. Except that when Julia outgrew her infant carrier and we went back to Stroller #1 which had sat in the garage for about 3 years. It had gotten pretty yucky (and it didn't match my infant carrier anymore which I realize is very superficial) and I realized we needed a new single stroller. So Stroller #8 entered our lives. A cute, sleek graco one that has really served me well. And again Paul said this is it..no more strollers.

Through all of the strollers the one that I never had was jogger of any kind. I don't jog so I didn't think I'd need one. However, I do like to walk and I've realized how much easier joggers are to push, especially when you are pushing more than one kid. I've needed a double stroller for the better part of the last 5 years but double joggers are expensive and bulky and Paul pretty much said use what you have. And I have. Until now. Last night Stroller #9 entered our garage. It's a double jogging stroller! I found a great deal on craigslist (which I am completely obsessed with, btw) and Paul actually let me get it. I guess he was sick of me asking for one and realized getting one off craigslist was way cheaper than a brand new one (btw, the last 3 strollers have all come from craigslist). Now if it would just cool down a little bit I could take Lily and Julia out for a stroll in their new home! I'd like to say that this is it..no more strollers but, I have a feeling when Julia gets older and in school stroller #10, a single jogger, just might find it's way to our garage.

2 comments:

Jules said...

...and I have that single jog stroller just waiting for your garage...

Amy said...

Wow...that'a about all I can say...9 strollers?? I had two...but only one kid! I cannot wait to see Baby #4...are there name options yet?