6.29.2008

A Very Barbie Birthday



Yesterday we celebrated Lily's 4th Birthday and we had a great time! It's hard to believe my little Lily is turning 4 (her actual birthday is tomorrow). We invited several neighbors and friends over for a pool party (I love having one child with a summer birthday - pool parties are the easiest!). We had 10 little girls over and the plan was to have cake and ice cream at our house then we'd head for the pool. The theme this year was Ariel so before the party Lily helped me create the cupcake cake. It turned out pretty cute and Lily loved it. In addition to the 10 little girls we also had 3 sets of grandparents in attendance so that made the day even more special.


Once everyone arrived we sang Happy Birthday and ate the cupcakes and ice cream (birthday cake flavored, courtesy of Emma). We then handed out the "goodie bags" which was a big towel with each girls name on it (I really try to give a favor that kids can reuse. I hate when kids get a bag full of junk at parties, no offense). The towels turned out to be a hit and then we headed to the pool.


It was probably the most laid back party I've ever done which resulted in no stress on my behalf which was great. I also succeeded in not opening presents at the party (which I've said the last few parties that I wouldn't do but always end up doing anyway). I just think with a lot of kids it gets crazy opening gifts. So after we got from the pool we opened her gifts. She got some really nice things...our friends are so generous! She got a ton of Barbie stuff - seriously..a ton! I think it was at least 4 dolls, 2 horses (but they were different), a car and a golf cart. She loved it though, she's been totally into Barbie's lately. She got a purse with money from my dad which she thought was the coolest thing ever! She also got some baby doll stuff and an art set.


We did get a couple things we already had but you know those 2 awesome moms but gift receipts with them so we can return them to Target. I love moms who do that. I try hard to be that mom but sometimes I just forget to include the gift receipt.


All in all a great day and a great party for my little Lily bug!!


2 comments:

Jules said...

Happy co-birthday, Lily!! I'm glad she had fun at her party. Love the towel idea - I totally agree about treat bags with "junk" stuff that almost always goes right in the trash. Way to go, Busy Party Mama!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Lily! It sounds like a fun party!!