6.27.2008

To Buy or Not to Buy...That is the question

I have a confession to make - school lunch stresses me out. Just thinking about having to make my kids lunch every day is stressing me out. See I'm not a big fan of the midday meal. Sure I like to eat it but I loathe thinking about it every day. The more children I have the more I hate it. I could exist on pb&j every day but sadly my children are not fans. In fact they aren't fans of sandwiches at all. Which is leading to my stress about school lunch. I know, I could just have Emma buy her lunch every day which would relieve the stress...I just always pictured myself as the mom who sent a good lunch in and wrote a little note to my kids. You know, what my mom didn't really do. I bought lunch most of the time, if I recall correctly, and when I got to middle school if I wanted to bring my lunch I packed it myself. So I vowed to do things differently and now I'm stressed about it. What do I pack her? How healthy should I make it? Now I hear you have to pack a snack too! I'm just not sure I'm ready for this!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I almost always took my lunch and will do that with my kids, too. It really is so much cheaper and healthier. But we're a sandwich family - snaps to the PBJ! - so I don't know that I am much help there. Have you tried any online parent magazines for ideas??