6.08.2008

Graduation Parties

Today we went to a graduation party for a son of some friends of ours. Two things struck me: 1. How am I old enough to have friends that have a son graduating from high school and 2. Half of the "kids" at the party were born the year I graduated high school. Seriously. Born the year I graduated. That means they only know Paula Abdul from American Idol, they never, ever had cassettes and they always remember the internet. I remember as a teen any friends of my parents were old. Just old - I mean my parents were old so their friends were old too. (By the way the older I get the older I think old is and my parents are so not "old"). It is amazing how fast time flies - I remember high school graduation pretty vividly!

In other thoughts about graduation parties my neighbors are throwing their 5th grader a graduation party. Yes, I said their 5th graders since she's going to middle school next year. Apparently times are achangin cause I don't recall any 5th grade graduation parties when I was that age. In fact I don't recall any preschool graduations or kindergarten graduations for that matter. Now there's a graduation for every thing. I guess I am old....

No comments: