6.12.2008

Guilt be Gone....

Paul canceled our gym membership today. I'm actually a little sad about it. For those of you who know me know that I really don't like working out. I do it however, because you are supposed to and to set a good example for the kids and all that (plus I would feel guilty for paying all that money for something I didn't do). I went pretty faithfully last summer and I went a lot over the school year because the gym is close to the preschool. The gym is not close to our house however and since school has been out - going on 4 weeks now - I've been approximately 1 time. It's just not near where I'm out and I just can't justify going out just to go to the gym (hence the guilt). Paul doesn't use it much either - he belongs to a gym closer to the house so he made the decision that family gym membership needs to go. With the crazy price of gas (I know..I'm sick of it too) and Paul's new job we need to make some cuts and one easy way to save $100/month is to cut the gym. We did buy the wii fit and since I've not been going to the gym I have been doing the wii fit every day. At least that's something right??

I will miss showering in peace while my kids are in the daycare. I think that might be the best part of the gym membership. I know though that even when Lily is back in school and I'm 36 weeks pregnant going to the gym will be the last thing I want to do. It was a good financial decision to cut the gym. I'm sure we will revisit after Christmas when the baby is a little older and I'm ready to work out again. But until then - it's wii fit or bust!!

No comments: