6.03.2008

Schools Out - Scream OR Shout

Summer vacation is here and I have a real love/hate relationship with it. On one hand I love that we really don't have plans, that we don't have to rush out the door in the mornings and that we can be lazy if we want to. On the other hand I miss the routine of school days and the getting up and getting moving we have to do. With Emma starting school in a month this summer will be a short one and I'm thankful for that. I talked to a mom at gymnastics yesterday who was so happy her kids were out of school - she said she felt less stressed than she had in months. Other moms think summer is so stressful because the routine is gone - people are so different! Paul starts work on Monday and then I think we can get into a "summer routine." I need to have some structure in my days so that I can feel like I'm getting something accomplished. Of course we'll have 4 weeks of a routine then have to figure something else out when school starts but that's OK - I like it like that!

On another note I took all 3 kids to the pool by myself today (we've been almost every day since we got back from the beach but either Paul was with me or I had just the 2 big girls). I was SO thankful their were other moms there to help keep an eye on my kids. It was fun but a lot of work - well not so much at the pool but when we got home! Seriously - the hardest part was getting everyone dried off, cleaned up and getting the wet bathing suits/towels into the laundry room to dry. Unfortunately for me all my children seem to love the pool so I guess we'll be doing this lots this summer. Yeah me!

No comments: