6.21.2008

Product Endorsment #1: How Swim shirts have changed my life

I confess, I've never been a big fan of the swimshirt. I didn't think my kids would be big fans either so when we got a couple in a bag of hand me downs I just sat them aside. However, I have noticed many more children wearing them at the pool this year, even the cool kids. When their mothers raved about how it cut back on the sunscreen time I began to listen with interest. With our daily (and sometimes twice daily) trips to the pool the time it takes to sunscreen all three kids was getting annoying. I have several products to expediate the process - the stick for the face and the spray - but great heavens that spray is expensive - we can easily go through a bottle in 4-5 days. So I decided to break out the swim shirts and see what happens. And you know what, the girls liked them - it certainly helped that a bunch of their friends were wearing them. And it really has cut back on the sunscreen time - it's nice not to worry about their backs, shoulders and chests getting sun exposure.

I felt like I hit the jackpot at Old Navy last weekend when cute swims shirt sets were on sale! So, if your kids are out in the sun a lot and you don't use swim shirts give them a try. Our new rule is daytime pool requires swim shirts and in the evening they can wear whatever suit they want. So far it's working!

1 comment:

Jules said...

YAY! You know I love the product endorsements! I noticed in the pool entries that your girls had the swim shirts on...dermatologist everywhere are giving you a standing ovation!!