6.13.2008

The Evil Empire - Take 3

So, it was my third shopping trip to Super Walmart today. I decided I wanted to go for my weekly shopping to see if it did save me money. Yesterday we went to the Farmers Market so I got a lot of fresh fruits and veggies there so mostly I was buying dry goods, dairy and frozen at Walmart. So I go about 7:30am by myself which was good. The store was not busy at all and I was able to get in and out fairly quickly. While it wasn't a horrible experience it wasn't that great. The store is kinda dirty and the checklanes are always busy. They do have a lot of groceries and when the new SWM opens near me something later this year I will likely shop there (at least in the beginning before it gets too ghetto). I definitely saved some money but I also had some impulse buys (hard to believe from me, I know..). A good test..I definitely like Harris Teeter better though!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I, too, am a Wal-Mart grocery shopper. If you can curb the impulse buying, it really is cheaper...

Sigh. If only there was GUCCI PIG somewhere around, you know?