6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day!

What a nice day we've had today! We all slept in this morning then I prepared breakfast (which I usually don't on Sunday's). Breakfast was a french toast dish that Paul has been hinting that he wanted me to make. Then we went to church and heard a great sermon about finding joy in our every day circumstances (more on that in a later blog). After church my sister in law took the big girls for the afternoon and Paul went to play racquetball with a friend. I felt like it was my special day! We went to my father in laws for dinner tonight and had fun playing in his pool. It really was a nice day.

In thinking about today I am just so thankful for Paul and what an amazing father he is. He loves our girls so, so much. He is far more patient with them than I am and doesn't mind doing girly things with them. He dances and sings with them, paints their nails if requested, plays Pretty Pretty Princess and hugs them constantly. They are all daddy's girls that's for sure and I don't mind one bit. I love how much they love him and seeing them all together warms my heart. I feel so blessed to be on this parenting journey with Paul. I couldn't ask for more!

No comments: