10.01.2009

First Grade Homework

Emma's homework for tonight: Draw a Venn Diagram to show how a TV and a microwave are alike and different.

Um..excuse me..what? Draw a what? Apparently my memory really stinks because I can't for the life of me recall this term or have any idea what in the world she's supposed to do. I'm starting to panic a little thinking I'm going to have to use google to figure out what a Venn diagram is so I can explain it to Emma. And, I'm hoping I can google it without her knowing that I'm doing it so I don't appear dumb. I was at least hoping to get to 3rd or 4th grade without having to use google to get through homework. So I casually ask.."Emma, do you know what a Venn diagram is?" She replies: "Sure do..let me show you" And she proceeds to get a piece of paper to draw a Venn diagram as she is explaining it to me.

After she drew it I totally knew what she was talking about I just didn't know the proper name for it. This is just the 2nd quarter of first grade. I'm pretty sure I am in BIG trouble!

Of course you probably know what a Venn diagram is but in case you don't click here for the definition.

1 comment:

Buffie Cullens said...

Just wait til you get to third grade homework. I had questions and I have degree in Elementary Ed. Yes, I think my children will grow up to be smarter than I am, which is a good thing.