9.28.2009

Birthday Party!

Yesterday was Jacob's 1st Birthday and we were excited to get to celebrate on his actual birthday. We had a little party and invited a couple neighbors, special friends and our family. We were super excited that my BFF and my brother were in town to celebrate with us! We planned to cook out and figured that the kids could just play on the swing set and run around in the yard. The weather was looking a little iffy in the morning but thankfully by noon the sun started to come out and it turned out to be a beautiful afternoon!

I made Jacob his own little cake and I made a cupcake cake in the shape of a 1 for the kids and other party guests. Paul did a great job grilling for us and Auntie Erin made the best baked beans. Jacob wasn't quite sure what to think of the cake. He ate a little bit of it - more frosting than anything I think! He certainly enjoyed playing in it! He had frosting everywhere..and I mean everywhere - his hair, his nose, his ears! Messy...but oh. so. cute!!! I know my kids had a great time and I hope others did too! Here are a few pics:

No comments: