10.11.2009

One Kid Weekend

My mother in law bravely offered to take all 3 girls to her house this weekend for a sleepover. At first I thought it was just Friday night but she said she'd really like them to stay Saturday night too! (Brave, brave woman) They were so excited to get to spend the weekend at Nana's. Shopping! Barbies! Junk Food! So. Much. Fun! We were just as happy to send them. I cleaned the house on Friday in anticipation of having a clean, quiet house all weekend. It was great. Friday night we caught up on the dvr'd shows from the week. Glee, anyone? Saturday morning I got to sleep in and Paul did his usually Dunkin Donuts coffee run. We didn't really have anything pressing to do, which was strange. No real house projects, no real errands. It was so nice to be lazy and actually have some quiet around the house. I actually got some scrapbooking done. We ended up going out to lunch. Then after Paul went to the gym I went out and did some shopping by myself. No kids! After Jacob got to bed we had a nice steak dinner and watched a movie. This morning we went out to breakfast then to church then out to get the girls. They had a wonderful time with Nana! It was nice to have some peace and quiet this weekend but we were excited to see their smiley faces this afternoon. Julia told us at dinner "I missed Mommy, I missed Jakey, and I missed Daddy but I had fun with Nanny." I guess that about sums it up.

No comments: