10.05.2009

Costume Craze

Tis the season..you know the one where Party City puts a flyer in the paper with their Halloween costumes in it every week therefore sparking the following conversations during Sunday breakfast: "I want to be a ladybug" "I'm going to be a fairy" "No..no I changed my mind I'm going to be Strawberry Shortcake" "Wait no I'm going to be Supergirl"...and on and on and on. Needless to say the "What are you going to be for Halloween" conversation has been happening around our house for a few weeks. They've been asking (begging) to go to look for costumes for a couple weeks now and I decided today would be a good day. No real reason for that other than I'm a bit tired of hearing about it. So after I picked the girls up from school we headed up to Brier Creek to check out costumes. We had already looked briefly at Target and Walmart but didn't find "It" there. Thankfully we only need to find "It" for the big girls - Jacob is going to be the most adorable monkey. Ever. Courtesy of Old Navy which really has the cutest baby/toddler costumes. Ever. Julia is going to be Minnie Mouse. Why? Because I found her a nice, relatively cheap costume at the Disney store last year. I'd love, love to find a theme for all my kids that coordinated. Maybe next year. I'd also love to be that mom that makes the Halloween costumes but considering I can't even sew a patch on a Daisy uniform I don't see that happening. But..I digress..TJ Maxx didn't find it so we headed to Party City. Which, had coupons that expired last week. Why oh why didn't I go last week? Ugh..Anyway..we looked. And looked. And looked at their Wall O'Costumes. And Emma found hers first - Pretty Kitty. Seriously. A pink and black cat costume. Why? I have no idea. I didn't even know she liked cats. A few minutes later Lily found hers..Barbie Cheerleader. Really. Why? The outfit was pink. She was a cheerleader last year. But..not a pink cheerleader. And not a Barbie cheerleader. Whatever..that one was on sale. So we're set...1 pretty kitty, 1 Barbie cheerleader, 1 Minnie Mouse and the cutest monkey you'll ever see.

No comments: