12.31.2008

A Very Merry Christmas

So I realize I'm pretty late on my Christmas blog..hard to believe it's already a week past. Actually isn't just hard to believe it's already a new year...wow 2008 went fast! Anyways..this post is about our Christmas..which was really nice. Paul got home decently early on Christmas Eve..we opened our annual early gift of new jammies to wear that night. We've been doing that since Emma was born and she has yet to remember that's what the gift is that we open on Christmas Eve. Needless to say she was not that excited when she opened the gift. I think she actually pouted a little...whatever..she got over it..We went to church that night with my mother in law and sister in law. We came back to our house for a nice dinner and gifts. Emma got her Easy Bake Oven from Nana and Lily got a mystifying cool bake princess oven (it uses ice cubes to "cook" the food??). There were also some High School Musical and Hannah Montana gifts to be had. Very Exciting..

Christmas morning we woke up and Santa had indeed come. Emma got her Kit Kitteredge typewriter and Lily got her gumball machine (pink no less!)! The girls were very excited. They were also excited that Santa wrote them a note thanking them for the cookies. They seemed to like all their gifts..nothing too exciting but a fair amount. Lily, I think, just liked opening gifts..didn't care who they were too or what they were she just wanted to help open them. Paul and I exchanged gifts for the first time in several years. I scored big time with a fancy new purple phone...it has a slide out keyboard for texting (a must have since you know I think I'm a teenager..so text me if you text) and he upgraded our plan so I can access the Internet on my phone..you know I might miss an important Facebook status while in the carpool line...I also got the Jillian Michaels fitness wii game that I wanted and a few other things..very surprising and very fun! Paul had picked himself out a fancy gps so that was his big gift.

Later that morning my dad came over and brought a super yummy breakfast that his wife had prepared (sadly his wife was sick and didn't make it). He visited a while and we even got to go outside and play for a little while. My mom, step dad, aunt and 2 cousins came over later in the afternoon. We had a nice gift exchange with them and a nice dinner. We were blessed with many nice gifts and the kids were completely spoiled. All in all a very merry Christmas! Here is just a small sampling of the pictures from the holiday:

No comments: