12.03.2008

Dreaded Words or Why I won't be going to Chickfila anytime soon...

Last night we had Chickfila for dinner...I had told the girls we'd have milkshakes for dinner one night while Paul was away and I've been dying to try their peppermint chocolate chip milkshake. So after gymnastics we go through the drive thru and get our food and milkshakes. The girls ate a few nuggets, fries and some of their cookies and cream milkshakes. We watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 and headed up for bed. Before going to bed Lily said her tummy hurt. I didn't make much of it..thinking she was full.

Well about 11:30pm she came in my room and I heard those dreaded words: "Mommy, I think I need to throw up". I told her to go bathroom, lay on the floor and I'd be there in a minute (I was feeding Jacob). I'm thinking she's fine but the next thing I know I hear her getting sick. I put Jacob down and run in the bathroom thankfully to find it all in the potty. Good girl...VERY good girl. She said she felt better but we decided she should sleep on the floor in our room in her sleeping bag in case she got sick again. Which she did. Six more times. Really..6!! I gave her a bucket to keep with her and she made it in the bucket every time. Thank God.

Needless to say it was a long night..between being up with her for 2 1/2 hours and then up with the baby I didn't get much sleep. Lily seems to be better though she's taking a nap which is very un-Lily. I think she's just tired from the ordeal. She hasn't eaten much today but she's not running a fever. Pray this is contained just to her..I really don't know if I could handle everyone getting the stomach bug while Paul is gone. I'm off to disinfect...

2 comments:

mythreesons said...

omg!
and with paul out of town!
holy cow.
hope you get some good rest tonite
and the baby sleeps longer than he ever has!!!!
hope everyone is ok and no one else gets sick!!!

Amy said...

oh no...i hope it got better! i read this, but i have to tell you that i plan to eat chikfila at least once every other day. i miss it sooooo much...almost as much at target.