12.15.2008

3rd Time's the Charm

Yesterday marks the 3rd time I've been locked out of my house. Seriously how do I keep doing this? Once I locked the keys inside then over the summer we'd gone to the pool and I took just the garage door opener and for some reason it didn't work when we got home. Same thing happened yesterday. We walked down to our neighbors' for a brunch and I grabbed the garage door opener...it worked to close the garage so who would think it wouldn't work to open it. Yet, that's what happened.

We had an appointment at Portrait Innovations to get the kids Christmas picture done so we rushed from the brunch to go home and get the kids changed to get to the store. We got home and the door wouldn't open. So frustrating!! Anyway 20 minutes later we try our neighbor's battery and low and behold the door opened. So we rush in, grab the clothes and race to the store.

Except when we got to the store and checked in they told us they were 30 minutes behind. However, they were an hour behind. I'm sure you can guess how fun it is to wait with 4 kids for an hour to get pictures. By the time we got to go Paul and I were super grouchy and we actually didn't have time to view our pictures. So, we get to go back today to view them. Lucky us....I learned some lessons though yesterday:
1. Always take keys
2. Ensure at least one neighbor has your key (we did this but when my purse got stolen and we re-cored the house I hadn't updated our keys)
3. Don't go to Portrait Innovations on the weekend during the holiday season
4. Even though you think it's a good idea don't take your husband with you to PI on the weekend during the holidays...his grumpiness will rub off on you and the whole experience will be one you want to forget....

No comments: