9.30.2008

Sweet Husband

Seriously one of the nicest things Paul can do for me is offer to cook dinner or take us out. I don't hate cooking dinner, I just get tired of it night after night. So he calls this afternoon and says he wants to make dinner tonight which was so thoughtful. He said he was going to stop by SuperTarget on the way home and I thought he'd just pick up some steaks and that would be that. So an hour and half later he gets home with flowers, a Whole Foods bag and a cake!! We'd gone to a birthday party last month where they had a Whole Foods cake and I told Paul I really wanted one after the baby came but I really didn't think he'd remember. Apparently he did remember and he'd wanted to get me a cake for yesterday when we got home from the hospital but it didn't work out. But he got it for today and then got dinner from there. He prepared the dinner and mostly cleaned up the kitchen which was so helpful. He also picked up the new Nicholas Sparks book (one of my favorite authors)for me at Target. I think he's feeling a little guilty for all the long hours he's had to work the last few weeks but it was very thoughtful and sweet anyway and I'm very, very thankful for him.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Rock on Paul!

Jules said...

That's so funny - I was just about to type the EXACT SAME THING Amy said! Double snaps to Paul for his thoughtfulness!