9.07.2008

Surprise!

I am feeling so overwhelmed and grateful tonight! I seriously have the best friends and neighbors ever..I am so blessed! So a couple months ago my friend, neighbor and fellow bunco player Ashley mentioned she wanted to host a baby shower for us. I was so touched by her offer and thankful. A couple other friends from the MOMS club had mentioned it too but I wasn't sure if it would all work out. In any event Ashley had said the shower was today 2:30 and my friend Belinda said I should stop by her house and get her on my way because her husband would be watching NFL opening day and she would need to leave at the last minute.


So I go down to Belinda's on my way to Ashley's..when I get there I ring the doorbell and Belinda says come on in I need to get my shoes. And once I walked in tons of my friends and neighbors are there! It was a surprise baby shower at her house! Those sneaky girls tricked me! Turns out all the awesome girls who offered to throw us a shower got together to plan this big surprise shower. It was so, so special. Like I mentioned tons of friends, neighbors and even my mother in law and sister in law were there. It was so great! I was overwhelmed with emotion. I just couldn't believe all the people there.


The afternoon was so lovely. The girls played some cute games and food was so, so yummy. The generosity of everyone was amazing - we got so, so much stuff for baby boy Potter (and no, we still do not have a name, really). Seriously I think all I really need to get are diapers! It was such a special, special day and I'm so thankful for all my friends!!


My friend Alyssa made this cake for the shower! Isn't it amazing!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How fun! That is the cutest cake ever...love it!Did you guys register anywhere?