9.28.2008

My Birth Story..by Jacob

I have to say I was pretty comfortable in Mommy's tummy...rolling around, using her bladder as a trampoline and eating all the good food she's been feeding me lately while she was enjoying the last few weeks of being pregnant with me. She went to bed late on Friday night after watching the debate then all that other boring news about the debate. She couldn't sleep well because I was really excited and wanted to play so I kept kicking her. I must have kicked a little too hard because I made her water break - oops! I think that was about 12:55am. She woke Daddy up and they called the doctor and the doctor said to come on to the hospital. I wasn't in a hurry to get out so there were no contractions coming but it was time to go to the doctor. Thankfully our neighbor, Mrs Belinda was able to come stay with my sisters. Mrs. Belinda ran down - she's so good to us!


We got to the hospital about 1:30am and at first I don't think the nurse believed Mommy that her water broke. Mommy was getting frustrated because she knew it had. They hooked Mommy up with all that medicine and she tried to rest. Mommy kept hoping and hoping the contractions would come but I wasn't ready. I wasn't supposed to come until October you know. Finally about 6:30am Mommy told the nurse she wanted to get me moving and out of her. I think Mommy was getting tired of being pregnant with me. She kept saying she was ready to meet me. Anyway, Mommy got her epidural and they gave her some medicine to make the contractions start. The nurse kept telling Mommy everything was going to happen fast but I had other ideas. I was in no hurry to get out. The epidural made Mommy really sick and from what I could overhear that never happened to her before. Her blood pressure got really low and they had to give her medicine to help. But, the nurse was really good and helped Mommy. About 9:30am the contractions were getting really hard for Mommy. Even though she had the epidural it didn't seem to help much. She was feeling very tired and in pain. The nurse kept telling Mommy it would be soon but I wasn't so sure. I wasn't ready to come. I was feeling bad for Mommy though because she was in a lot of pain. But not bad enough for me to drop down to come! Finally at 10:30am I decided I was ready and Mommy started to push. There were only a couple of nurses in the room and they yelled for the doctor to come. When I decided I was ready there was no stopping me. Mommy pushed for a little bit though I'm sure she felt like it was an eternity and then I just came on out. I kept hearing Mommy say it was hard and that she was tired so I tried to hurry out. Well, turns out the doctor didn't quite make it in time for my arrival..the nurse got me out! The doctor walked in right after I was born. The doctor looked surprised that I was already here! The nurses took care of me and got me cleaned up...that did not make me very happy. The doctor took care of Mommy and her all fixed up. I heard Mommy say that I was harder to get out than Lily or Julia and that her labor was much worse than she expected. I don't think her epidural worked very well. But it's all OK now because I'm here and I'm doing good. I guess it is better on the outside!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute story...glad you guys are ok and he's here now!