9.21.2008

The Case of the Missing Bead

I'm fixing dinner tonight and Emma comes downstairs crying and very distraught. I ask her what's wrong and she tells me she thinks Julia choked on a bead (back story: she got a friendship bracelet kit at a birthday party and she was making a bracelet for her friend Bailey at school). Julia was standing beside me, drinking milk, so I know she did not choke on a bead so I calmly ask Emma why did she think this. Emma replied, while crying, that she was working on the bracelet the bead fell on the floor and now it's missing and she's pretty sure Julia ate it and is choking on it. She's very upset and I'm thinking it's so sweet that Emma is so worried about Julia. I pick Emma up and hug her as she's really upset and tell her Julia is fine..she didn't choke on the bead. Emma then looks at me and says "I'm not upset about Julia choking..I'm mad she ate the bead!"

So much for sisterly love...let the baby choke..I want my bead!

1 comment:

kristin said...

LOL! sounds just like my kids :)