9.08.2008

Trackout and Speeding Tickets

Today is the first day of Emma's 3 week trackout. I was a little concerned on Friday about her being home for 3 weeks since she was complaining 30 min. after she got home from school that she was bored. However, today has gone surprisingly well. Lily is so happy she's home to play with this afternoon and it's been very peaceful for me. Now, I realize it's day 1 and the day isn't even over yet but...we are off to a good start! Maybe these next 3 weeks won't feel like the eternity I once thought...

Paul got a speeding ticket last week. He says I shouldn't care since this is the first one he's had since we were married (8 years). Right. My point in sharing this story is the unbelievable amount of law office solicitations he's gotten in the past few days. He got his ticket at 11:15pm on Wed night and Friday in the mail he got 7 solicitations from law offices offering their legal services. Today he got a few more. I think he's up to 10 now..I'm amazed this being the first traffic ticket either of us has gotten in many years...I had no idea law offices did that for speeding tickets..just crazy! I also didn't realize how expensive it could be to get a speeding ticket..court costs have risen in the years since I've had a traffic violation..inflation I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK- totally unrelated to your post, but I love your new layout! :)