9.05.2008

Girl Power Rocks

So we bought this shelving system to use in the nursery to help store the new baby's stuff. It was a big decision for us for some reason and took us forever to decide what exactly we were going to do about storing his stuff. So we go to Target last Sunday and found these cute cubicles that can serve to store baby stuff for now and then can go into the playroom at some point for toy storage. So Sunday shelves bought and actually brought into the house. Good start. So the box sits in front of the nursery all week. Paul was off yesterday and thought he might get around to putting it together but no, he did not. And I really need the shelves put together so I can put baby stuff away. So this morning I start pondering whether I could put the shelves together by myself. I'm a fairly smart person, I can read directions, I can sort of use power tools why not I think to myself. Then I tried to lift the box to move it and decided I needed help.

So my good friend Belinda came to the rescue. She's very smart and I've heard her say before that she doesn't like to wait for her husband to help with such matters so she brought her kids over and we went to work on my shelves. Well...she went to work on the shelves and I was present in the room. I did help a little but she did most of the work. We had one minor mishap that doesn't need to be repeated but overall we rocked it. And, my shelves are done and put together and all ready for baby stuff! And Paul will be thrilled that it's done and that he didn't have to do it or listen to me nag him for another week until it's done. Yeah! Girl power rocks!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Way to go! Good thinking in having your friend help. I always hate asking for help, but realized I needed it when my washer was leaking and I decided enough was enough, time for a new one. ON XMAS EVE. AT 4 P.M. WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS DEPLOYED.
I went to Lowe's, bought one, had them load it on the truck, drove home, got the old washer outside, then got my friend to help me bring in the new one. I put all the hoses in the right place (though not tight enough, as I soon found out) but ultimately did it all myself, with minimal help.
Girl Power lives!