10.03.2008

First Week Home

All and all I have to say our first week home is going pretty well. Jacob is actually sleeping pretty well at night..well, he's sleeping pretty well when he sleeps with me but I need sleep. I mean he's been sleeping with me for 9 months right, why would he want to sleep in the bassinet by himself? Oddly, he'll sleep just fine during the day in the bassinet or the bouncy seat but come night it's a different story. Oh well..we'll get there and like I said I don't feel too sleep deprived yet so it's all good. The nursing is going well but good grief I forgot how sore you get. That does sadly not get better the more children you have. The girls seem to be adjusting pretty well to having a baby in the house. Lily loves, loves Jacob and wants to hold him all the time. Julia also wants to hold him a lot and is often pointing and grunting at him (since she doesn't really talk much). Emma hasn't been as interested in Jacob but I think it's because my mom has been around and she's been distracted.

Here are a few random thoughts about the first week home:
1. You forget how much laundry a baby has. Seriously how does one addition to your family seem to double your laundry load.
2. Diapers for newborns are so, so tiny, especially compared to your 1 1/2 year olds diapers.
3. Newborns nurse for a long, long time each time. And though you want to "enjoy" it as much as you can it's hard not to think about everything else going on.
4. Speaking of enjoying nursing...seriously who does in the beginning. I got asked that yesterday at the doctors office. No, I do not enjoy it..it hurts, it takes forever in the beginning, it hurts and it hurts. Will I keep at it..yes , because it's working, it's free and I did it with the others but enjoying it..not so much.
5. As tempting as it is it's not so good for the ego to try on your pre-pregnancy clothes your first week post-partum.
6. You do not take nearly as many pictures of your 4th child as you do of your 3rd, or 2nd and especially first. I've been so slack taking pictures of Jacob this week. Shame on me!
7. Thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes..sorry I've been so delayed in replying to emails..we'll get there!
Speaking of pictures here a few from this week:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Julia looks HUGE next to Jacob! I can't wait to see everyone!!!! Don't worry - we'll take tons of pics when I'm there.