8.13.2008

Update: School Friends and Play Dates

Paul gets home from work last night and I relay the whole school friend/play date situation and he laughs at me..seriously. He thinks I'm overly dramatic and that it's fine. Whatever..I thought about it all night.

So, I called the mom this morning and left a message that Emma was really excited to come play and that I thought it would be a good idea if we met before Friday. I'm sure she thinks I'm totally nuts but she called me back and her first offer was for me to just come to her house on Friday too. I told her I had the younger kids so that wouldn't be a good idea so we arranged to meet for ice cream tomorrow afternoon. She said she totally understands how I feel.

And, I feel much better. I won't get to see their house but at least I will have met the mom and know what she looks like. I'm sure it would have been fine otherwise but I am glad it worked out that we could get together beforehand. Emma will be excited too that she'll get to see Kristina in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh! That's a perfect solution! And I don't think you are crazy to be concerned about Emma going to an unknown home. There are WAY too many crazy people out there and she is your little lamb. I totally get your concerns, and I'm sure that the other mother appreciates that you are a conscientous parent.