8.18.2008

Scrappin' Monday

Paul's on vacation this week so today I took a little vacation myself today and went over to my old friend Barb's house to scrapbook. Barb and I reconnected on Facebook (she was a college friend) and it was heaven to go over to her house. She's a fun, single gal who is currently on a break from employment. Therefore she has no children at her house, no whining, no plastic toys, no little people saying they are hungry or bored every 5 seconds, no dirty diapers to change and most of all silence. Ah...heaven. She even made me lunch..and you know how much better it is to eat anything that you, yourself don't have to prepare. I got a ton of scrapbooking done..I'm done through Easter of 2007 and I have another scrap night tomorrow night in my neighborhood. I may very well get through 2007 before the baby comes..but we'll see.

In other news Howie the Hedgehog went back to school today. Emma said she got to share all about Howie this morning. She told the class all about how Howie moved around. She was very excited. I'm sure we'll see Howie again sometime this fall.

Lily started soccer over the weekend which was a riot. Twelve 4 year olds trying to learn soccer is something else. She was very proud though and excited to play. The coach is on vacation this week and with the Labor Day holiday coming up she only has 2 more practices before her first game. Not sure how that will work out but it should at least be entertaining!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Lily looks so cute in her soccer uniform!! Glad you got to have some time to yourself..you deserve it! Loved the Howie tales...what a great idea!