8.25.2008

A New Level of OCD

Confession: I used to be a messy person. Any number of the roommates I lived with will attest to that(right Dawn..). I never liked cleaning and really I just didn't care. In fact my bff once told me I was a terrible housekeeper and that's a direct quote. That was before I got married and owned my own house. I didn't cook much either by the way. How things change. Once I got married I got a little more domestic...I'd clean and actually vacuum the house on my days off. And I started to cook a little. Paul did much of our cooking in the beginning and oh how I miss those days. Anyway I think when we bought our first house and it was really white I started getting a little OCD about the cleaning. And gradually as the years go by I'm getting more OCD about cleaning and housekeeping in general. Like we can't leave the house with unmade beds, toys on the floor or dirty dishes in the sink. I know..my kids will be in therapy.

I think my OCD reached a new level yesterday though. You see I have this kitchen table that's wood. And there are spaces between the wood panels where crumbs get caught. We've had the table a little over a year and it's driven me crazy the whole time that I can't get the table perfectly clean. So not long after we got the table I figured we'd just use a tablecloth and so I keep it covered most of the time. Well last week I was talking with my friend Loretta who wondered if the vacuum cleaner would work to clean the crumbs...she said it sort of jokingly. So yesterday while preparing to have people over I decided to give this a try. And, guess what..it worked like magic. Ah, I love my Dyson..I put the brush attachment on the end of the hose and went to work on my table and the results were heavenly. Clean..not a crumb to be seen. It looks new again. I sure if anyone could have seen me vacuuming my kitchen table they would have thought I was nuts. But I don't care..it worked and now I love my table again.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I totally hear you. I try to hide when cleaning my cleaning supplies-I freak if my Clorox Clean-Up bottle is dirty, especially any hand soap in bathroom or kitchen. Is that the height of OCD, when you clean your cleaning supplies?

mythreesons said...

lori
i feel the same way.
nothing makes me happier
than seeing lines in my
carpet from my vaccuum
cleaner :0)