8.07.2008

My love/hate relationship with....

Home Parties...you know what I mean...the ones that us suburban moms have for other suburban moms and their home-based businesses. I really love these parties in fact I've been known to throw one or two or five in the past few years. And, I was one of those suburban moms who owned a home based business so I LOVED those ladies who threw parties. However...I have a love/hate relationship with them. While I love the parties..the food..the products..the catalogs..the fun times with friends I hate the guilt that comes with feeling like I have to buy something. I know..I should get over it..the point of the party is to get together with friends and to see the product. No one wants anyone to feel like they have to buy something but it's almost an unspoken rule...if you go..you will buy, right? Paul doesn't get this at all. He says if there's nothing you want or need don't buy it. Right. That works...He doesn't get how they suck you in..how they show you these fantastic products that you just. have. to. have. right. now. And even though you want to be strong you always spend more than you intend. The products are just so fabulous...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I do too! I always spend too much money! I love Southern Living Home and Partylite...those are my faves!

Erin said...

I used to go to all the parties until a friend had a candle party (can't remember the name of the company, think it was Canyon something) and the woman who was the seller swindled all of our money and we never got our candles. A fellow military wife, too, and there was nothing we could do about it! The company sucked, wouldn't even give us the products we ordered even though we all had receipts.
So my days of home parties is officially over.