8.08.2008

8/8/08

The Olympics start today! Well, I guess technically it was yesterday since China is so far ahead of us in time but whatever...I'm still excited! In honor of the Olympics and it being 8/8/08 today I'm blogging about 8 things I love about the Olympics...

1. The theme music - I love that Olympic anthem they play on NBC before they start talking about the Olympics - just hearing that makes me excited about the games
2. Gymnastics - my favorite thing to watch..and my kids are excited to see it this year. And because my girls take gymnastics now and we get to see all kinds of gymnasts at their gym it is truly awing what those girls in the Olympics can do..amazing..just amazing.
3. The Cinderella stories - you know those athletes who endured such extreme hardships yet they managed to get to the Olympics..they warm my heart
4. Swimming - I heart Michael Phelps...I hope he does well
5. Diving - I can't imagine climbing to the top of that gigantic platform and doing what those people do..without splashing...
6. Hearing the Star Spangled Banner when someone from the US gets a gold medal...it just makes you have so much pride in our country and in that person
7. The Opening Ceremonies - they are just exciting and get better every time since each country has to out do the last one.
8. The Athletes - I have so much respect for every single one of the people competing in the games. The dedication and drive they have to be able to be the best at their sport is just amazing. Go Team USA!!!

1 comment:

mythreesons said...

lori!!!!
love reading your blog!!!
you are hilarious!
ps. so glad you stalk my blog!
the link to my blog is wrong...
it pulls up another girls blog.
mine is http://mythreesonsfamily.blogspot.com
talk soon!
laura