11.11.2009

Tie Dye Holiday

The girls are out of school today for Veterans Day. One of the rare days they have off of school in the middle of a track. It's pouring down rain and cold outside. A fun afternoon is in store I'm sure. But I digress..Lily's class is going on a field trip next week. Apparently they all need to have tie-dyed t-shirts for the occasion so her teacher sent out a flyer last week asking for parent volunteers to do the project. I agreed to help but only wanted to coordinate the project if no one else would. And of course..no one else did. Yay me. I've never tie-dyed, in fact, I don't really care for that look...But, I'm happy to help the teacher so I emailed parents and recruited some help. Three other parents who also know nothing about tie-dye responded to my plea.

We decide today would be a could day for the endeavor since the kids are out of school. They all came to our house and we got to work trying to figure out what the heck we are doing. We had 27 shirts to do. Yes..27. We started one way and then we figured out an easier way. Yall..I am a little scared about how these things are going to turn out. I'm hoping that as the dye sets it will look better. If not, these are going to be the ugliest shirts you have ever seen. Apparently they need to set for 24 hours so we won't know until tomorrow what they look like. Again..scared. I decided that tie dye is pretty messy and really not that much fun..don't think I'll volunteer again for this. I'll keep you posted on the outcome..I'm sure you really want to know..ha!ha!

No comments: