11.22.2009

My New Moon Review

So I finally got to see New Moon today. I was hopeful to go on opening day like I did last year for Twilight but alas I ended up going today with a bunch of my neighbors. I'm a big, (ok HUGE) fan of the books. Read them twice. I liked the first movie, and though the acting was only OK I thought the casting was good. I was excited for New Moon to have a bigger budget and a new director. I must confess that this book was my least favorite of the Twilight Saga. Though I liked it I thought it was more a "bridge" to set up the next two books.

So, how did I feel about the movie? I liked it. Did I love it? Not sure about that. I did love Jacob. And I loved the action. The special effects were good. I liked the way they did the werewolves and their transformation. And let's not mention that word without observing the transformation of Jacob Black. I do realize I'm almost old enough to be his mother and the fact that he was only 16 when he filmed the movie (seriously..16..how can that be??) but Oh My. Let's just say he has a bright future. This year there was no shrieking when Edward first graced the screen but there were some very audible "ahh's" when Jacob took off his shirt for the first time. The director certainly knew what he was doing when he left Taylor Lautner shirtless for so much of his screen time. But enough about that. For now.

My biggest complaint about the movie was just how brooding Edward and Bella were. And yes, I know this follows the book but it got tiring to me. I'm ready to see Edward and Bella happier. The acting was better than Twilight, especially for the main characters. I thought they did a good job staying true to the book - I couldn't remember too many differences. Overall a good movie..excited for the next one!

No comments: