11.26.2009

Abundant Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving!! We've had a great day over at the homestead. Family! Deep fried turkey from Bojangles! (Yea..they sell turkeys yall!) Mashed Potatoes! (which we'll be eating for about 10 days since I cooked 10lbs of potatoes..not kidding) Sweet Potatoes! (Paula Deen's recipe..mmmm) Stuffing, rolls! Homemade pumpkin pie! Bread pudding (my special recipe)! Good food..good times. We were so lucky to have my brother and his fiancee over this year. It was fun day though let me say that when you eat your big meal at 1pm the afternoon can get l-o-n-g. Thank goodness Nana and Papa John came by for a visit when they did.

My blessings are so abundant this year. I honestly am so overwhelmed by how blessed I am. My family, my home, my husband who works so, so hard to make sure our family is taken care of. My crazy wild kids, my friends, my health...the list is never ending. I am so privileged to live where I do..in this house, in this neighborhood, in this state..in this country. Just so, so grateful and thankful....Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: