11.04.2009

Potty Training Triumph???

So Sunday morning in a sugar induced fog Julia actually wanted to wear panties. Paul was up with her as I was still trying to figure out what time it was and told her if she was going to wear panties she had to go potty. She agreed!?! She cried when I told her she had to wear a pull up to church that morning so I let her wear panties and took along extra clothes. She didn't need them. She went to the potty a few times...Yay! And kept her pull up dry at nap!! We did offer her Halloween candy if she went in the potty and apparently that was enough motivation for her to keep going. So Monday morning she wanted to wear panties again. And again..no accidents! She did tell me about 5000 times that she had to go potty and didn't actually do anything but it's progress people. Progress. So..we're on day 4 of this..no accidents so far. A lot of false attempts but MUCH success. Are we done with diapers with her? I have no idea. I'm hopeful though..very, very hopeful!

So what have I learned? All of my children have trained differently. Sadly no magic thing worked for any of them. (Drat!) And they all learned at different ages. The ones that learned the quickest and had the most success were the ones who decided to do it when they wanted to and on their terms. Maybe...just maybe I'll remember this when Jacob is older.

No comments: