11.16.2009

Sunday Drive

Sunday was supposed to be a busy day. Church, birthday party, girl scouts, AWANA...However, my dad called on Saturday afternoon and needed some help. They recently bought a home in Asheville and were moving some stuff up there. Basically he needed me to drive his car up to Asheville to pick him up as he needed to be home Sunday night. So of course I offered to help and recruited Lily to ride with me. I somewhat deceptively said "Anyone want to go for a ride with me tomorrow" on Saturday. I failed to mention that said ride was 7+ hours (3 1/2 up then back). Lily volunteered right away. And it actually ended up being quite nice. I don't get to spend too much one on one time with Lily so to have her all to myself in the car (without a DVD player) for the ride up was a treat. Five year olds come up with very interesting things to talk about in the car. And just in case you need to know anything she and Paul apparently know everything. She knows everything because Daddy told her. She then proceeded to spend about 15 minutes telling me all the things she knows about in list format. She could not understand why my dad didn't have a Taylor Swift CD in the car and why I could not play "Party in the USA" on demand. Otherwise we had a nice time.

I went to college in the mountains but haven't been to the mountains in a long time. As we were approaching the area I was flooded with great memories of living in the mountains and astounded by the beauty of them. Even though the leaves were past their peak it was still very beautiful. I had honestly forgotten how much I love the mountains. And I love that in NC you can be at the mountains or the beach in a few hours time!

My dad's house is just beautiful. I can't wait to go back when it's all done (they are doing quite a bit of remodeling). So my Asheville friends I'll be calling you when we get back up there! Can't wait to see some of you!!

No comments: