11.20.2009

Field Trip!

Thanks to my wonderful mother who graciously offered to babysit my little monsters I got to go on a field trip with Lily's class to Marbles kids museum this morning. I dropped the girls off at school, fueled up on some DD coffee to ensure I had enough wits about me to mind after 5 kids at a kids museum, then headed downtown. After a small parking issue (I waited in line to pay then paid for the wrong space #, had to wait in line again to pay for the right number. Seriously.) I made my way into the museum. Our bus hadn't made it there yet so I waited with the mass of other parental chaperones for the kids.

Just a PSA: Rethink your plans to go there on a Friday morning. There were at least 6 other Kindergarten classes at the museum at the same time we were. Chaos!

The bus finally arrived and we were assigned our charges. My sister in law came along too so we got 5 kids (yay us) Lily, her bff (for today) Alyna, Alissa and 2 boys that I couldn't begin to spell their names. They were actually all really good and very well behaved. They had a great time going through the museum. I did learn the Lily is very bossy both by watching her and by one the kids telling me.

I was very thankful that our class had on the awful tie dye shirts since there were 700 kids there. At least we knew what to look for. All in all a very fun morning - both for me and the kids. They loved it! I feel very grateful I got to go. Thanks Mom!

No comments: