2.05.2009

Haircut Bliss

I love, love, love getting my hair cut. Love it. Did I mention that I love it? I love going into a nice salon, having a good shampoo, getting the dead ends cut and shaped and then getting a blow dry and style. I always (well, almost always) walk out of a haircut feeling good about myself (reality sets in the next day when I can't style my hair like the hairdresser but that's another post). In general I am pretty frugal but I will pay a decent amount for a good hair cut and a nice salon experience. I like to go every 6 weeks to get my hairs cut but because of the frugalness I usually stretch it to every 8 or 9 weeks. That said I was LONG overdue for a haircut. I went before Jacob was born but haven't been since. Yep..he's 4 months old..yikes!

The girl that I usually go to only works during the day and that no longer works for me. So, I decided I would try somewhere new this time. A bunch of my friend and neighbors go to this salon, Blo, so I thought I'd give a whirl. And let me say, it was great. The receptionist was super friendly and offered me a beverage when I checked in. The girl who cut my hair was very nice and gave me a great scalp massage while shampooing my hair. They also have a cool massage chair that you sit in while you are being shampooed. I almost feel asleep I was so relaxed. The cut was good and the blow dry was great - I love how they do it. It was overall a great experience.

Seriously if I ever hit it big on the lottery I am so paying someone to come blowout my hair every day. And I seriously mean every day....

2 comments:

Jules said...

Glad you had some pamper time for YOU, chickadee! :)

By the way, I was telling our tat story to a friend the other day...

Jess said...

I feel the exact same way about blowouts- I can never do it right at home and love to have it done! I loved my experience at Blo, too!