2.14.2009

10 Years Ago


Happy Valentine's Day! I've never really been a huge fan of this "holiday." It's generally so overrated and your expectations almost never get met. Really shouldn't we appreciate the ones we love everyday? But 10 years ago Paul proposed to me on Valentine's Day so I had to get over my dislike of the day. My proposal was very special and wonderful. Paul surprised with a trip to New York City. We did all kinds of touristy stuff - a couple Broadway shows, shopping on 5th Avenue, dinner at some fun restaurants and a visit to the Empire State Building. That's where he proposed - at the top of the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day - 1999. I actually have no idea what he said when he proposed - I saw the ring and went into shock. I remember the words "will you marry me" were in there somewhere. It brings back great memories. We got married in April of the following year...hard to believe that was 10 years ago. Hard to believe...

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years.... Remember how you, Jayna & Melissa came to Cincy to visit me right before you went??? And how we were all thinking, "What is that crazy Paul Potter up to"???? I love you guys! Happy Valentine's Day!