10.07.2008

Paul's First Solo Diaper Change

Jacob is 10 days old today and Paul changed his first diaper this morning. I know..sad. But, Paul was freaked out about the circumcision (he's pretty squeamish when it comes to our children and any "injuries" they have) so I've been changing all the diapers. I know..sad. But anyway Jacob's circumcision is healed now so I told Paul he was changing his diaper this morning. He asked me to supervise and he did OK. He cleaned him and didn't get peed on while I was standing over him watching..success. So, I go upstairs to take a shower and get the girls ready.

About 20 minutes later Paul comes upstairs with Jacob and says "you have to take him..I've been spit up on, peed on and there's pee on the sofa..I wasn't ready to change his diaper on my own." I start laughing hysterically as I envision the following scene downstairs:

Paul is feeding Jacob a bottle of breast milk. He puts him over his shoulder to burp and Jacob spits up all over Paul. After he spits up he must have pooped so Paul reluctantly feels obligated to change his diaper. So, he lays him on the sofa and gets to work (Paul's pretty slow at diaper changes..seriously I could change at least 3 babies in the time it takes him to change 1). Paul is taking his time and then the fountain starts and Jacob pees all over the place, including the sofa. Jacob's blanket and sleeper are now soaked, Paul's shirt is a mess and the sofa has a big wet spot on it. Paul is traumatized.

Me..I'm still chuckling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe... our Jacob got us a few good times, too!