10.15.2008

Mad..Getting Madder

So all this economic news was, at first, just depressing me but the more I read about it and think about it the madder it makes me. There was an article in the paper yesterday talking about how much harder it was going to be for people to get credit. The example they used was a guy who wanted a new car but couldn't get a loan because he didn't have $1000 for a down payment. Really? Shouldn't you have to put have to have a down payment to get new car?? Why do people expect to get something for nothing? I think a lot of this mess that the country has gotten itself into boils down to the fact that a lot of people have no personal responsibility anymore. They expect that they can get as much credit as they need and if they can't pay on it the government will just bail them out. It's just wrong..very wrong and I'm mad about it. And I'm mad that as a person who pays their mortgage, on a house they can afford, we will likely be paying for all those other people's mistakes. Sadly, I'm not smart enough and I don't know enough about economics to know how to fix the problems but I do know that people should take more responsibility for themselves. You should know how much house you can afford and if you can't pay for it then you shouldn't buy it. And that goes for cars, clothes and anything else. Perhaps in our schools we should be doing a better job of teaching kids about how to manage money. I don't want this post to turn political..not my intention..I just wanted to vent a little about how frustrating this current economic situation is..I'm sure we're all feeling the same frustrations..hopefully someone will have the knowledge to fix it and fix it fast.

1 comment:

Our4GreatKids said...

i'm with you... maybe some people will actually learn to SAVE money in order to BUY something on their wish list... ya think? Seriously...